I’m not a huge sweets person, but I absolutely love Twix candy bars … So, when I came across this recipe for Twix Thumbprint Cookies ~ I just had to give them a try.
These adorable little cookies are just as delicious as they are cute. I mean, who can resist a buttery shortbread cookie with a gooey caramel center, drizzled with chocolate, right?!?
- Shortbread Layer:
- ⅔ cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Eggs (yolks only)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- Caramel Filling:
- 14 soft caramel candies (like Kraft Caramels)
- 3 T. heavy cream
- Chocolate Drizzle:
- 6 ounce milk chocolate chips
- To make the shortbread layer: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium sized bowl, combine ⅔ cup butter, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla in bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add flour; beat at low speed until well mixed. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Make indentation in center of each cookie with thumb or end of wooden spoon handle. Bake 7-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool completely.
- To make the caramel filling: Melt the caramel and heavy cream in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds until it is fully melted. Using a teaspoon, fill each indentation with the caramel.
- To make the chocolate drizzle: Melt the chocolate in the microwave stirring 30 seconds at a time until smooth, and scoop into a ziploc bag. Barely snip the corner and drizzle over the cookies.